Teeth whitening actually seems like more of an issue that adults have to deal with, especially after many years of enduring coffee stains and failing to brush teeth. However, any children’s dentist in Oakville will let you know that it is equally important to ensure your child has a bright smile as well. Thankfully, children can also benefit from teeth whitening in Oakville. Below are some useful tips you need to bear in mind.
Basic tooth care is one of the tips you should never ignore. If you want to make sure you’re keeping your child’s teeth bright, then you need to take note of the following:
- Replace your child’s toothbrush if you notice it is worn out. It is advisable that you replace toothbrushes every three months or if you notice that the bristles of the toothbrush are bent. Using a worn-out toothbrush means it will not be as effective and the effort your child puts into brushing his or her teeth will be wasted.
- Brush immediately after breakfast and then do so again before bedtime. Encourage your kids to brush their teeth after snacking. Having clean teeth translates to a brighter smile.
- Teach your kids how to brush their teeth properly. Let your kids know that they need to brush their teeth while applying horizontal motion while maintaining a wiggling motion. While at it, let your kids know that they should remember to brush their tongues as well. This helps to eliminate bacteria.
More Helpful Tips for Teeth Whitening In Children
While brushing teeth is an effective way of keeping teeth white, there are actually many more ways to brighten your child’s smile. Here are more useful tips that will always come in handy:
- Flossing also works wonders for kids as well. Encourage your kids to floss their teeth at least once every day after brushing.
- Bear in mind that plaque forms when saliva mixes with food. When your child eats, plaque develops. Therefore, limit the amount of snacking as much as possible.
- Visit a children’s dentist in Oakville at least twice every year for checkups.
If you want to help your child realize his or her dream of having a brighter smile through teeth whitening, then the first step involves scheduling a consultation with a children’s dentist in Oakville. The in-person appointment is highly recommended because it enables your dentist to examine your teeth and determine the appropriate course of action. During the appointment, the dentist will also discuss lifestyle habits and dental hygiene that might be causing the discolouration and staining. Note that any cavities discovered will need fillings before whitening can begin.
Teeth whitening solutions suggested by a children’s dentist in Oakville will no doubt be safe and affordable, and they are designed to suit the specific needs of patients. You simply need to choose the level of whitening and the dentist will do the rest.